2016 New England Trip

Day 13: The End is Here

My last day of my first solo vacation has come. I head back home to Florida today and it’s just so surreal. My day was pretty slow since I have to be at the airport around 3pm. Sage and I were hanging around with his younger sister, Sierra. We were starting to get hungry so we decided to make pancakes. Sage was going to be the chef, and things weren’t looking too hot. **image 1-2**
After much teasing and making fun, the pancakes were done and just a little burnt. Either way, they weren’t horrible. He even made me a mini one with a single chocolate chip (obviously a short joke). **image 3-5**

We had to take his sister to one of her friend’s houses so on the way there we did some drive by sightseeing. He showed me downtown Stafford, CT (where he used to live). I got to see the town hall, the bank, and some small stores in downtown. We headed back to the house and made some lunch before heading to the airport. **image 6-7**
I made it to the airport, said my goodbye to Sage *crying face*, and headed inside. **image 8**

Once I got into security it wasn’t that bad. The line was super short so I was through it within 15 minutes. I go over to the tables to get my stuff and realize my carry on bag isn’t there. The guy running the x-ray tells me they’re going to run it through again. Hmmm, okay. So now I’m trying to think of what I put inside of it that they could possibly be questioning enough to run it through. I can’t think of anything so I just wait. I see my bag come through again and he doesn’t send it down my way, he pulls it off AGAIN and leaves it there. I’m waiting for about 10 minutes before someone finally grabs my bag to self-search it. At this point the only thing I can think it might be is my portable charger. He brings my bag over and sets in on the table next to some computer screens from the x-ray. I have to say it was actually pretty cool to see how they can see everything in your bag. Looking at the screen, I realize that I had put some souvenir keychains inside. Sure enough that’s what it ended up being. KEYCHAINS. Who would’ve thought. Once I was all done with that, I headed towards my gate since I was boarding around 4:30. I have an hour layover in Baltimore before heading to Florida so at least this flight will be pretty short. **image 9**

I made it to Baltimore a little early so I had plenty of time to get some chipotle (!!) before I had to board my next flight. **image 10**

I will say that my hour layover flew by! I got off my plane, got chipotle, went to the bathroom, walked into a store, and then boarded! I even got to play Spot the Tourist. **image 11-12**
I landed in Florida at 9:20pm, 20 minutes earlier than scheduled! We had a really good flight, and everything went smoothly. I even got to take some pictures of the sunset! **image 13-16**
My sisters met me at baggage claim and we headed back to spring hill! I caught them up and told them some stories from my trip.
I really appreciate everyone who has read my blogs day after day during my trip. It has been a pleasure keeping you updated and reading all your comments! I would say it has been an extremely interesting but rewarding solo vacation, and I look forward to many more in the future. Hopefully more than everyone can read about. Until next time! 🙂imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s